nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: Nano cut/paste bug

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: Nano cut/paste bug
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 00:43:23 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:

1.3.4, yes.  1.3.6 and later work as you expect.  The cutting code was
overhauled in 1.3.6, and in the process, I removed the bug that Pico has
with regard to uncutting on the magicline.  Pico always adds a magicline
after text is uncut on the original magicline, regardless of whether one
is needed or not (i.e, whether the file ends in a blank line after the
uncut), but I figured that this behavior was a bug, since Pico's
treatment of the magicline seems to be consistent everywhere else.

Sounds like a bug to me too but as I remember total compatibility with Pico was important even if it resulted in oddities now and then...

Thanks, Ken.