nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: Nano cut/paste bug

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: Nano cut/paste bug
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:20:04 -0400

Ken Tyler wrote:

<snip>

> Sounds like a bug to me too but as I remember total compatibility with
> Pico was important even if it resulted in oddities now and then...

I'm trying to keep it as compatible as possible, but I figure that nano
isn't supposed to be bug-for-bug compatible in all cases, especially
with some of the weirder bugs.  Examples (that no one's complained
about, and which I really don't want to imitate):

* If you press Enter at a blank "Search" prompt, and there's no backup
string, Pico won't display "Cancelled".
* If you press ^L at a "Search" prompt, instead of refreshing the prompt
as it does elsewhere, it'll kick you out of the prompt and display """
not found".

* Trying to display a "^?" character (ASCII 127) in Pico will cause a
glitch where ^'s will be displayed for the rest of the line and even
past the column boundary, as indicated by the $.

* The $ scrolling at the end of a line will not trigger until after you
move past the $, so you can't see the character there until after you
move (and can, in fact, delete it without seeing it).

* Turning the mark on will mark the file as modified, even if no text is
changed.