nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] ready for testing: nano 1.3.8pre1

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] ready for testing: nano 1.3.8pre1
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:05:58 -0400

On Saturday 25 June 2005 11:56 pm, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Is this new behavior really a problem?  If so, it's easy to change back
> (although I'd prefer to leave word count the way it is, because the
> whole reason I added it was to save all the trouble of having to suspend
> nano, run "wc -w" on the current file, mentally jot down the number, and
> then continue nano).

i can see it being quite useful when editing text where punctuation matters,
but when it comes to source code it's really a pita ... consider:
printf("blah blah blah");
the first "blah is skipped over :(

so maybe some simple way to control the behavior ?  i use nano almost
completely for editing source code of different sorts, but i'm not
everyone :)
-mike