nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] justify and spell check

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] justify and spell check
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:50:54 -0400

Ken Tyler wrote:

> The spell check setting the modified flag is not a problem, I thought
> it was a simple oversight type bug, I've never examined hot that bit
> of code works.

Okay.  No problem.

> The trailing space bizo is an irritation but I'll cope, it looks
> untidy to me to have a file with trailing tabs and garbage on the ends
> of lines

Justifying turns all blank characters, including tabs, to spaces, so
there should only be trailing spaces on all but the last line of a
justified paragraph.  That should make things easier, I hope.

> does the standard .nanorc have
>
> # trailing rubbish
> color brightgreen,green "(( )+)$"
>
> or is it one of mine?

There's a line like that in the "Java source" regexes, which David
Benbennick contributed a few years ago, IIRC.  You could probably just
copy it into the regexes you use.  Alternatively, you could use
whitespace display mode to see where any trailing spaces are.

> It occurs to nano is and editor not a mail client though.

True, but it's an enhanced clone of a program originally meant to be an
email composer, so that muddles things up nicely...