nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates, 1.3.9pre1 soon (Debian bug #325065)

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates, 1.3.9pre1 soon (Debian bug #325065)
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 02:56:04 -0400

David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:

<snip>

> (Please let me know soon whether this fixes the bug, as it's the only
> major item holding back 1.3.9pre1.)

Since I haven't heard from you on this, I'm guessing you've been busy. Considering that (a) this and the other fixes are needed anyway (plus
one I fixed in CVS where break_line() could erroneously break a line in
the middle of a multibyte character); (b) yesterday was the three-month
anniversary of the release of 1.3.8; (c) if I'm going to release a
1.3.9rc1 and allow two weeks for translators to catch up as suggested
before, after which the only changes should be to ChangeLog and NEWS to
add the release date and/or announcement; and (d) I'd like to get 1.3.9
out before the four-month anniversary of nano 1.3.8; I'm going to go
ahead with 1.3.9pre1.  If the bug isn't fixed in 1.3.9pre1, I can always
release a 1.3.9pre2.