nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 1.3.9pre1 has a quirk with lines that are longer than t

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 1.3.9pre1 has a quirk with lines that are longer than the terminal
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:03:49 -0400

On Saturday 01 October 2005 03:15 am, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-1.3.9pre1.tar.gz
>
> Please test.

seems theres a minor off-by-one bug in the handling of lines which scroll off
the right side of the page, not sure when this started happening ... tested
on amd64 against 1.3.9pre1 and the latest cvs ...

to reproduce:
    - start a new file
    - type 'abcde'
    - go to the beginning of the line
    - hold down 'f' until the 'e' gets to the end
    - when you add another 'f', the 'e' should disappear but no '$' appears
    - add another 'f' and the 'd' should disappear and an '$' should appear

i noticed this while writing some code ... the thing that alerted me was that
as i scrolled up and down in the file, the ending character where there
should be a '$' would change to seemingly random things (i saw a 'G', 'A',
'[', etc..., but probably related to the code i had in my buffer at the
time).  it threw me off at first because i thought i typed something invalid,
but after i resized my terminal i found that the code was fine, it was just
the display that was just wonky.
-mike