nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Crash report - segfault reproduceable

From: Nick Warne
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Crash report - segfault reproduceable
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:10:28 +0000

On Sunday 29 January 2006 20:49, Nick Warne wrote:
> On Sunday 29 January 2006 20:19, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> > meta_key should never be NULL in the case your backtrace shows, since
> > it's created in line 2130, and a reference to it is what's passed to
> > do_input() in line 2144, unless a reference to a stack variable can be
> > NULL, which makes no sense at all.
>
> I was thinking more on what you said here.  I do have a funny keyboard
> insomauch as I map out Caps Lock via xorg (i.e. turn it off):

OK, I maybe giving you all a bum steer here.

in an xterm or plain termninal, nano is OK with my 'coretest' file.  It only
produces the same _exact_ segfault everytime in KDE's [3.5] Konsole.

?  Ideas what that could be?

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb