nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Feature request. Was Re: Available keys.

From: John M. Gabriele
Subject: [Nano-devel] Feature request. Was Re: Available keys.
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>  > M-7
>  > M-8
>  > M-'
>  > M-`
>  > M-;
>
> These five are currently unused.

One feature I find myself wishing for is keys to move
to the top, middle, or last line in the the window.
With a maximized xterm at 1280x1024, font 7x13, the
window is about 70 lines of text. (Currently I bounce
on M-9 or M-0 to move up or down quickly.)

With a nod to Perl's regex match three amigos ($`, $&,
and $'), some good keys to add for window navigation
might be:

M-`  goes to top (1st line in window)
M-&  goes to middle line in the window (i.e. M-7)
M-'  goes to bottom (last line in window)

---John