nano-devel

[Nano-devel] building from cvs, Debian Stable, README's

From: John M. Gabriele
Subject: [Nano-devel] building from cvs, Debian Stable, README's
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'd previously mentioned that I was having some issue with building
on Debian Stable. Turned out that I was missing the groff package
(I had groff-base though).

Anyhow, now it builds and runs fine. The only warning I saw was
when running autogen.sh:

address@hidden:~/opt/local/src/nano$ ./autogen.sh
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file config.rpath
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
Copying file po/Rules-quot
Copying file po/boldquot.sed
Copying file po/address@hidden
Copying file po/address@hidden
Copying file po/insert-header.sin
Copying file po/quot.sed
Copying file po/remove-potcdate.sin
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_AALIB
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
doc/texinfo/Makefile.am:1: installing `doc/texinfo/texinfo.tex'
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
configure.ac:24: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:24: installing `./config.sub'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'

I've got autoconf 2.59a-3 here.

By the way, it seems to make sense to have a separate build directory,
so folks can "diff -r" the original source dir with their own without
hearing about all the build files present. So, I added some instructions
about that to the README.CVS file as well as made a few formatting
changes too which you might take or leave. Also added a small note to
README. (see attached patches)

---John