nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] terminal not fully restored when backgrounding/foregrou

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] terminal not fully restored when backgrounding/foregrounding
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:40:00 -0400

On 8/20/06, David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
What version are you using when this happens?  As of version 1.3.12, I
changed nano's behavior so that suspending it would clear the screen

My mistake; I forgot to upgrade for a while.

Clearing the screen is much better than the pre-1.3.12 behavior.
Thanks for fixing it!

But it can still be kind of annoying.  Imagine you're using Nano to
write code.  You suspend Nano, run the compiler, get a bunch of
warnings, restore Nano, fix one of the warnings, re-suspend.  You
expect to still see the compiler output, but it's gone!  I think this
is one case where Nano can afford to be slightly incompatible with
Pico.  Especially since not clearing the screen (if you do it right,
i.e. leave the cursor where it was last) shouldn't cause problems to
anyone who expects the screen to be cleared.