nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:38:15 +0200

David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>  > If that is the case, would it be possible to have a configure
>  > option to turn this key combination off in nano, and only have
>  > M-T left to cut-to-end-of-file?
>
> I've considered something like that, but the problem is that I
> don't know whether the feature's going to get into the next major
> version of Pico.  If it is, and I change it now in nano, I'll
> just have to change it back then for compatibility.

Ah, okay, understood.

> Once I know whether it's in or not, [...]

Is the Pico maintainer sensitive to reason?  Could the case be made
to him or her that ^X is the wrong choice for cut-to-end-of-file?
Most places in Pico -- I only know Nano, but expect Pico to be the
same -- ^X means Exit, someplaces it means Execute, nowhere does it
mean Kill.  Only ^K means Kill.  And just like ^Y and ^V are
"heightened" in ^W-mode, it makes sense to there "heighten" ^K.

Benno