nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] ms.po and hu.po

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] ms.po and hu.po
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:08:09 -0500

Jordi Mallach wrote:

<snip>

> I think this is wrong:
>
> - hu.po has, as far as I can tell, perfectly correct plural form
>   information. It declares nplurals=2, and that generates two entries
>   per ngettext() call in the Hungarian file. Just as Catalan or
>   Spanish.

True, but if you look at previous versions in CVS, there was only one
plural form. With two plural forms, it uses the same string twice. (Besides, I did the same thing to hu.po for 1.9.99pre1, and there
weren't any complaints.)

> address@hidden:~/cvs/nano/HEAD/po$ msgfmt --statistics hu.po -cv
> 362 missatges traduïts.
>
> - ms.po has the Project-Id-Version entry of the file that was sent via
>   the TP. I know it's not the latest one, but little we can do. I do
>   need to ping the translator and see if he plans to actually work on
>   2.0.0, but for now, what he sent is the latest version we have
>   around. Project-Id-Version just states what version has been
>   translated, and AFAIK it was correct.

It's just that I don't like inaccurate version numbers, and 1.3.11
happens to be the one version number that the TP got wrong when the .pot
file was uploaded.

I'm probably being too picky on these.  If you want to revert them, go
ahead, or I can do it if you want.

> Last but not least, the 2.0 release was pretty quiet here. I know it's
> been a while already, but congratulations everyone. Not every week we
> get to see a new stable release. Actually, it's more like every 4
> years :)

No problem.  Although, by now, I'd like to get 2.0.2 out the door soon
:)