nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:20:03 +0200

Hi David,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:36:10PM -0500, David Ramsey wrote:
> Further update: the GPL/GFDL dual license is acceptable to the FSF.  The
> dual-licensing text (tweaked further per FSF advice) is as follows:

This is OK for Debian. If the FSF prefers just GFDL without invariants,
that's OK for us too, so your call.

> If there are no objections, I'll relicense the documentation tomorrow.
> (Note that the above terms will need to be translated for the French
> versions of the manpages.)

I don't think this is correct. The French manpages should be licenced
under the terms of the English licence; a reference to the French
translation can be provided as an informative note for French users.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/