nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for !ncurses

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for !ncurses
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:15:35 -0600

On Dec 4, 2007 11:13 AM, David Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2007 7:55 AM, OBATA Akio <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Nothing happened after pressing Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Q. If call
> > disable_extended_io(), disable_signals() and disable_flow_control()
> > before initscr(), it seems to work as expected. I will examine it
> > more.
>
> Thanks.  That *is* weird.

Update: I've put out a prerelease of what should be 2.0.7, and it's
now using raw mode instead of cbreak mode, in case that affects
anything.  (The problems with raw mode under slang aren't an issue
anymore, because the slang curses emulation support has been removed,
after I found a seemingly impossible-to-fix bug in it.)  It still uses
termios after the initscr() call, though.  It's here, if you want to
test it:

http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-2.0.7pre2.tar.gz

Note that it also contains your cursor placement fixes, as well as
other various bug fixes.