nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:07:08 -0400

Hey jordi,

Im (more than) a little rusty here, but do we need that kind of coordination for the unstable series?

I honestly don't remember if there was some agreed-on process for synchronizing prior to a release, so perhaps now is a good time to revisit that process regardless.  Where were before and will that serve our needs now?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Jordi Mallach <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 07:40:48PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > 2008/04/24 - GNU nano 2.1.2 "New York City" is released.
> Ouch.  This does not contain any of the eleven PO file updates that
> were made since the release of 2.1.0 last March.  (The 2.1.1 tarball
> does not contain them either, but it didn't occur to me to check,

> then.)
>
> Jordi or Chris, please run the following command in the main dir of
> your nano repo:
>
>   rsync -Lrtvz  translationproject.org::tp/latest/nano/  po

Sorry! I had no idea 2.1.2 was going to be released soon, so I never
refreshed these myself.

> It would be even better if this could be inserted somewhere into the
> 'make dist' target.

And this was my plan, but being swamped I never got that far. GNU
Mailutils got rid of PO files in CVS entirely. The bootstrap script gets
the stuff from the TP. We don't need to go that far, I guess, but
copying makefile.am bits from any other project that does this is
something we need to do to avoid this in the future.

Sorry to both Chris and Benno!
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/