nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 2.1.8pre2

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 2.1.8pre2
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 01:11:15 -0500

On Saturday 07 February 2009 23:39:12 Chris Allegretta wrote:
> Argh, that will teach me to take a nap and not check mail before releasing.
> Okay, if you narrow it down let me know.  I didn't anticipate the next
> release cycle would be that long anyway, perhaps it will be really really
> short :)

seems to be related to syntax highlighting.  when i have C highlighting turned
on, it's much more crashy.

try this (with highlighting and such turned on):
 - run `nano foo.c`
 - type: /**/
 - hit home (to go to start of line)
 - hit meta+t (to cut everything)
 - hit ctrl+u (to paste everything)
 - hit backspace

some garbage shows up.  my guess is memory corruption.  that's why sometimes
it "just works" for me and other times it segfaults and other times i get
garbage chars.

i would also look at the test case i posted in the last thread where you
posted a pre release
-mike