nano-devel

Fwd: [Nano-devel] old PO files, and command line options don't override

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Fwd: [Nano-devel] old PO files, and command line options don't override
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:18:06 -0400

Forgot to CC list!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Allegretta <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM
To: Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today I noticed that in nano-2.0.9, command line options do not override
>> the options in the /etc/nanorc and .nanorc files.  Or to be more specific:
>> '--fill=44' does not override 'nowrap' in .nanorc.
>>
>> Luckily, after downloading and compiling 2.2.4, this version does let
>> command line options override rc-file options.  Is this a fix that could
>> be easily backported to the 2.0.x branch?  Or is the latter branch
>> considered dead and finished?
>
> Hey Benno,  I dont remember 2.2's handling being radically different
> than 2.0's but I may have mucked about with it waaaaaaaaaaay back in
> the very 2.1 series when I added key bindings.  I'll take a look later
> this weekend.

Oh yes, it turns out there was a specific fix for this case (since
most command line options don't override but enable features) in 2.2
back in Nov 09, so not all that long ago but I am senile.  I just
backported this to the 2.0 branch.  Given the issues that remain with
the secure backup behavior I'd like to put 2.2.5 out first before
2.0.10 which contains this fix, but if you (or anyone) would like a
2.0 prerelease containing this fix I can put one up.