nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: essential feature requests

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: essential feature requests
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:20:31 -0500

Hey Matthieu,

Thanks for the info about the crash.  You and Ken Tyler both found
this bug which was a dumb coding mistake on my part; apologies and
thank you and Ken for finding it.  It should be fixed now.  I put up a
new pre-release at:
http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-2.3.0pre2.tar.gz
for anyone interested in trying out the features before the next release.

Incidentally, I imagine the reason your compiled version is not
reading /etc/nanorc is by default compiled source code sets a 'prefix'
value of /usr/local/etc, so it would look for /etc/nanorc.  If you are
planning on copying the binary by hand, you would probably want to
configure with something like:
./configure --prefix=/

Anyway, thanks again and have a great night.