nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] add Esperanto as available language

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] add Esperanto as available language
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:48:25 -0500

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2011 07:24:43 Jordi Mallach wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:42:55PM +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>> > The latest nano-2.3.0 tarball does not include the eo.po file that
>> > is available at the Translation Project.  Attached patch adds the
>> > language to the po/LINGUAS file.
>>
>> Thanks! We really need to reconsider how we're handling the TP material.
>>
>> One option --a bit radical-- would be to consider anything under po/
>> autogenerated files (in a sense, it is), and make the autogen scripts
>> generate the directory with the gettext tools, pull from the TP via rsync
>> and write a LINGUAS file that includes any .po file downloaded.
>
> i wouldnt call it radical at all.  the more we can offload these the better.

Agreed.  The release process already syncs the translations before
tarring everything up, if it's just a matter of adding LINGUAS entries
for the new ones and adding them to svn (for posterity and the sake of
a complete release), I can definitely do that unless someone already
has code bouncing around to do it.