nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] FW: Porting nano

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] FW: Porting nano
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:03:27 -0400

Anyone interested in a project to decouple nano from [n]curses?

This is not something I'm interested in right now given the number of
outstanding bugs and feature requests which are much smaller in scale
than a UI decoupling.  I'm not sure what else one could use for UIs on
a Unix workalike besides straight termcap, and my understanding is
that's pretty hard to use, which is why curses and associated programs
exist to begin with .

regarding libc, if there are GNU specifics nano is relying on that are
not in your Unix-like OS' libc, we can make autoconf check for them.