nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the build fails with --disable-color --disable-nanorc

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the build fails with --disable-color --disable-nanorc
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:28:02 +0200

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 23:16, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> files.o: In function `close_buffer':
> /home/ben/Repositories/NANO/src/files.c:486: undefined reference to
> `update_poshistory'
> files.o: In function `do_insertfile':
> /home/ben/Repositories/NANO/src/files.c:1205: undefined reference to
> `check_poshistory'
> nano.o: In function `main':
> /home/ben/Repositories/NANO/src/nano.c:2655: undefined reference to
> `check_poshistory'
> /home/ben/Repositories/NANO/src/nano.c:2701: undefined reference to
> `check_poshistory'

Those are easily solved with additional #ifdef ENABLE_NANORCs.
Then the thing builds.

I had hoped that, when disabling stuff like color and utf8 and justify
and linewrapping and ...,  the reported segfault would not occur, narrowing
down the code to look at.  But it still faults with every possible configure
option disabled.

I could use some help with stepping the debugger in partition_filestruct().
Who has some grasp of what that function is trying to do?

Benno