nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax highlighting not there?

From: Dirkjan Ochtman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Syntax highlighting not there?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:01:30 +0100

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM, frank ernest <address@hidden> wrote:
> I upgraded my system from opensuse 12.3 to 13.1 recently and accidetally
> erased my nanorc C highlighting file. It its niether the first nor the last
> file I will accidanally delete.
> I said to myself, "Well the solution is trivial, just get the nano alpha
> version from git." So I did but my syntax highlighting changes were not
> there.
> Why is it not there?

Because the maintainer is very busy.

> Please write me back and tell me what's up.

You can still find your email with the attached highlighting changes here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2013-12/msg00000.html

Again, the problem is not on your side. It's simply the case that none
of the people who have commit access to the nano source repository
have had the time to review your changes. This kind of thing sucks,
and may be at some point they can bring in new people to help out with
maintenance, but that's just how open source software works, when it's
being maintained by people in their spare time.

Cheers,

Dirkjan