nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:59:27 -0500

On 2/27/14, Anthony Scopatz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> How do you feel about migrating nano to Github (or Bitbucket, for all
>> I care)? It might be good if we make it easier to contribute patches
>> to nano, so that your free time can be spent more efficiently in
>> dealing with outside contributions. Adding more people who are allowed
>> to make/accept changes might be good, as well?
>>
>> I could probably do some legwork on a repo conversion, if that helps.
>>

> Hello All,
>
> I'd also like to see this happen.  I've offered in the past to help mirror
> nano
> but what would be even better is if the mainline just moved over.  I'd
> gladly
> help with that too.

I didnt realize people cared so much about VCS we used.  As nano is an
official GNU project I think it should be kets on the Savannah
services.  That said there is git available.  I'd previously borked
the git repo but it seems to be clear now.  If someone wants to
convert the svn to git that'd be welcome work.  Benno has been
committing the most frequently recently so you'd probably want to pick
a time when he's not as busy to do the conversion.