nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:26:05 +0100

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014, at 18:59, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> I didnt realize people cared so much about VCS we used.

Well, also I would prefer git -- having to use revision numbers
in order to see historical diffs is a hassle.

> As nano is an
> official GNU project I think it should be kets on the Savannah
> services.  That said there is git available.  I'd previously borked
> the git repo but it seems to be clear now.  If someone wants to
> convert the svn to git that'd be welcome work.

Conversion was done before, see this message and its second link:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2010-12/msg00000.html
It's not easy.

> Benno has been
> committing the most frequently recently so you'd probably want to pick
> a time when he's not as busy to do the conversion.

When a test conversion was successful, I can hold off for
a couple of days.

Benno

                          unladen european swallow