nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] going up and down through apparent lines when softwrap

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] going up and down through apparent lines when softwrap is on
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:34:22 +0100

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014, at 17:46, NoƩ Falzon wrote:
> Well, I wrote the patch, so I'm obviously interested in it :) To have it as
> an option seems good enough.

Having it as an option is even *better* than forcing it on everyone.  :)

> Glad to see that this patch wasn't entirely
> forgotten on an old mailing list!

I'm slowly working my way through the archives...

> However, like I wrote at the time,
> although it seems to work fine, I haven't tested if it has any consequences
> on other parts of the code and features.

Testing your patch a little, I soon found odd scrolling behaviour
when overlong lines are near the end of the screen.  But this
behaviour persisted without your patch.  I thought I had it
pinched with https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8182 but...
not entirely.  I would appreciate some help in getting this
one solved -- in exchange for getting in your patch.  :)

Regards,

Benno