nano-devel

[Nano-devel] bad scrolling with normal lines without softwrap

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] bad scrolling with normal lines without softwrap
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:25:15 +0100

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014, at 4:50, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> On 3/3/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> stepping down one line at a time with normal-length lines is now
> broken in SVN compared to previous behavior:

> - when scrolling without softwrap enabled, the screen will jump down a
> page when you press down when on line number (LINES / 2 - 2), and the
> cursor now will be at the top of the screen.  [...]

> - with smooth scrolling on, the screen begins to scroll down a line at
> a time starting at (LINES / 2 - 1) such that the cursor always stays
> in the middle.  [...]

For me <Up> and <Down> and <Left> all work normally, I cannot find any
odd scrolling behaviour on any line with any of those.  The only thing
is with <Right>: when at the end of a line, a <Right> will scroll the
screen to center it (with smooth scrolling on), or scroll to a seemingly
random position (with smooth scrolling off).

Looking into it.

Benno