nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: the content and aspect of the help lines

From: Eitan Adler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: the content and aspect of the help lines
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:52:29 -0400

On 17 March 2014 11:23, Richard Kolb II <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Unfortunately as I think you've noticed already it's rather difficult
>> to get feedback from folks as it seems like we have a very silent
>> majority who seem happy with what is offered, so sometimes you have do
>> have to make decisions blindly.

In my case it is a desire to avoid bikeshedding.  I trust you enough
to make a good decision that there is no need to provide my personal
preference.
I am likely not alone. ;)

>   I can start asking our Twitter
>> followers what they think also - does anyone have a preferred polling
>> software for the web which is Free Software?

LimeSurvey is the survey software I most commonly see used.  However I
don't think a poll is required here (and I wonder if it will really
draw more participants).  It is FSF-Free but not copyfree.

>  I think my default
>> position has been rather conservative on new changes, but if folks are
>> ok with this I think we can make some visual appearance changes in the
>> unstable series and gather feedback in the next stable series cycle.

Perhaps it makes sense to differentiate between whether nano is called
as "nano" or as "pico" ?

>> think even despite our best efforts to communicate them, people can
>> react negatively to what seem like minor changes.

People don't like change when it happens - but they often get used to
it quite fast.

--
Eitan Adler