nano-devel

[Nano-devel] possible -pre2, and puzzling menu item

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] possible -pre2, and puzzling menu item
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:01:37 +0100

Hi Chris,

Hmm, I could have sworn you recently made an announcement
of a 2.3.3-pre1, but I can't find such a message anywhere.
Have I dreamt this?

I was going to propose to make a 2.3.3-pre2, and announce it to
the translators, to get the linter and other new stuff out there.
Or do you think it is too early for that?

What I'm currently breaking my head over is src/global.c, line 1102:

    add_to_funcs(do_insertfile_void, MEXTCMD,
        insert_file_msg, IFSCHELP(nano_insert_msg), FALSE, VIEW);

What is it doing there?  The external-command screen (^R^X) does
not allow the insertion of files, for that the shortcut assignments
are missing.  It could be useful, though, to be able to switch back
and forth between wanting to insert a file or inserting the output
of a command.  But when I add the shortcuts for that, it has the
problem that after a few switches back and forth, it requires several
cancellations (^C) to get back to the main screen.  It would need
something more to make it work properly.  So, for now, the above
line could simply be deleted, no?

Regards,

Benno