nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the menu, title bar, and status bar

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Colorize the menu, title bar, and status bar
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:38:29 -0400

On 3/27/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014, at 15:07, Mark Majeres wrote:
>> Attached is a patch for v2.3.2 that adds optional colors to the menu,
>> title bar, and status bar.
>
> Nice!  I use a terminal with a light background, so I've set this:
>
>   set titlecolor black,yellow
>   set focuscolor white,blue
>   set menucolor yellow
>
> Ochre and blue...  Not bad.  :)
>
> Is this patch something we want to include?  Chris?  Others?

I do like this; it adds pizzazz and I have no problem with people
being able to turn this on.  That said I don't think it's something
that the standard syntax highlighting files (e.g. c, python, etc)
should enable; I think people users the titlebar etc to be the same
color as their terminal's foreground.  It really seems like it should
be set system wide or not at all IMO but am interest in the use cases
people might have for more per syntax.

Some of the changes in parse_color_string() are unnecessary and are
clouding the readability of the changes.  I'd ask that changes like
this please stick to just what needs to be changed, to make tracking
down bugs later more easy.

In general I do like it though, would you be willing reduce the
changes to parse_color_string?