nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] ^J still undoes keybindings (in SVN)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] ^J still undoes keybindings (in SVN)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 11:31:45 +0200

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 5:56, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> Oh well, I was hoping I could free the sclist every pass though, but
> that caused the issue you see.  Fixed and thank you for noticing.

Hmm...  I thought to have seen it was fixed, but apparently
not entirely.  After a ^J the rebound keys stay rebound, but
the help lines show their original functions.

To reproduce, put this in ~/.nanorc:

bind ^Y prevword all
bind ^V nextword all

After starting nano, the help lines will show F7 and F8 for
PrevPage and NextPage, but upon a ^J this changes back to
^Y and ^V -- but they will work as PrevWord and NextWord.

Benno