nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] ^J still undoes keybindings (in SVN)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] ^J still undoes keybindings (in SVN)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:28:50 +0200

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014, at 11:31, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> To reproduce, put this in ~/.nanorc:
>
> bind ^Y prevword all
> bind ^V nextword all
>
> After starting nano, the help lines will show F7 and F8 for
> PrevPage and NextPage, but upon a ^J this changes back to
> ^Y and ^V -- but they will work as PrevWord and NextWord.

Instead of reinitializing the entire functions and shortcut lists
for the tiny purpose of replacing "Uncut Text" with "Unjustify",
why not remember the item for the first and replace its description
with that of the second on the right occassion?

Attached patch does this and works for me.  Is it okay to
apply a proper and cleaned up version to SVN?

Benno