nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (broken Backspace)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (broken Backspace)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 22:05:17 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Thu, May 15, 2014, at 18:16, Mark Majeres wrote:
> New patch is attached.  Only a minor change, so maybe this will be "the one".

After much random typing and cutting in the ChangeLog, sitting on M-U,
then on M-E, then on M-U again, and then saving the file, there was no
difference with the original.  Great!

Well, I did find a little problem: type áááááááá and then <M-U>: only
half of the á's disappear.  Type any non-ASCII character followed by
<M-U>, and one is left with �, indicating an invalid byte in UTF-8.

But I've checked in your patch anyway -- as long as no UTF-8 stuff
is involved, it seems to do the right thing everywhere.  It is ready
to be tested more widely.

> I don't usually have a tester looking over my shoulder, I like it.

:)

Benno