nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 22:43:25 +0200

On Sun, May 18, 2014, at 19:20, Mark Majeres wrote:
> I re-worked the patch.  Lines with tabs should behave.  The feature is
> now separate from all others and can be activated by adding 'set
> align_page' to nanorc.

Wow, behaving nicely now.

Well, one little thing, pretty strange.  With your patch applied, do:
  src/nano +2 ChangeLog
and then do:
<End>  <Delete> <Delete>  <Space>
and again:
<End>  <Delete> <Delete>  <Space>
and:
<End>

Now press <Left> until the period disappears on the right.
But in place of the period no $ appears.  Strange.

Now do:  <End>  <Backspace>
And again press <Left> until the cyan 8 disappears.  Huh?  It
disappears together with the 0, which is replaced with $.

When things are coloured they disappear later than when not
coloured.  Probably the coloured way is the preffered one, then
the $ means that there really is something beyond the screen.
In the uncoloured case, the last character disappears too soon,
it should be visible in the column that otherwise is taken by
the $.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...