nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (multibyte characters)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (multibyte characters)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:21:27 +0200

On Wed, May 21, 2014, at 18:59, Mark Majeres wrote:
> Ok, I made some adjustments.  The problems with DEL should be
> resolved, but I didn't test the change for the ADD problem.

Nice.  It feels pretty solid -- for a while I couldn't find any hitch.
But then, after a lot of typing, back and forth, delete and add
and backspace, after all the <M-U>s, a lone รบ remained, when
I had started with nothing.  But I cannot reproduce it.

So, the thing isn't perfect, but quite nearly so.  And if I find no
more problem in the coming two days, I will install the patch.

Something else: when I started testing the undo/redo commands,
I was a bit surprised and disappointed that a couple of ^Ks followed
by an M-U did not put the cursor back in the position where it was
when the first of the sequence of ^Ks was given.  I think it should
do that.  It would make M-U different from ^U, and probably in some
cases more useful.  This is of course not a criticism of your patch,
the undo/redo code did that from the beginning.  I'm just... doing a
feature request.  :)

Benno