nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (SPLIT removal)

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (SPLIT removal)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 10:46:11 -0700

> Ah, pico compatibility!  Pico is meant for composing emails, and there
> users want the text to autowrap, and when they later add or delete
> some words, they want to be able to hit ^J to rejustify the paragraph.
> So, yes, the default (having nowrap unset) has to stay.

Benno,

I'm a little confused, isn't the nowrap setting independent of justify, ^J ?

When I was using nano with nowrap unset, nothing special happened
unless I reduced the width of the terminal to be smaller than a line
of text.  But even then, nothing happened until I started typing on
the line.  Then the line would wrap, and only that line.  A permanent
hard break was added that became part of the document.  The location
of the break was determined by the width of the terminal.

I can see the use for justify, but not for nowrap.

-Mark