nano-devel

[Nano-devel] some build stuff

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] some build stuff
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 22:43:00 +0200

Hi all,

In the man pages and in the info document there a few references to
SYSCONFDIR/nanorc.  I find this ugly -- SYSCONFDIR is not something
that the user should know.  Ideally it would get replaced at build
time by /etc (or whatever $sysconfdir has been set to at that time).
How to go about this?

In the Makefile that gets distributed the EXTRA_DIST variable
contains many things that are already contained in DIST_COMMON.
Is this duplication there for a reason?  Or can EXTRA_DIST in
Makefile.am be trimmed to just ChangeLog.pre-2.1 README.SVN
UPGRADE and nano.spec?

In src/Makefile.am there is an "ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4", but
the automake docs say that this is only needed in the top-level
directory.  Was that found to be false?

Benno

                          love email again