nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the difficulties of behaving similar

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the difficulties of behaving similar
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:44:29 +0200

Hi Mark,

> > For the 'current_action == CUT' condition the mark must not be set,
> > so then 'u->mark_begin_lineno' should be irrelevant, no?
>
> u->mark_begin_lineno locates the start of *all* cuts, marked or not.

Aah.  I had an inkling of that, but this "mark" was throwing me off.
It should be renamed then, no?  Any suggestions?

Or...  Maybe you named it after yourself?

:)

No, just kidding!

> Relocating the call will only add a pitfall. If someone decides to remove
> one of the other calls in nano.c the cut/paste functions will still work fine.

Hmmm...  When the mark is not set, and some command key did not
reset the cutbuffer when it should have, then the add_undo() item
for CUT will not be reached because keeping_cutbuffer() wil be true.
No?  Like I said before, the call to cutbuffer_reset() in CUT ever
only has an effect when the mark is set or the action is CUT_EOF.

Benno