nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] failure undoing do_enter()

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] failure undoing do_enter()
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:16:23 -0700

>> I found another problem with undo/redo.
>>
>> Goto the last line:
>> ^K, <enter>, M-U, M-U, M-E  (crash)
>
> Hm.  I cannot reproduce this.  What file are you using?
> and with "goto the last line" you mean a plain <M-/>?
>
> And what kind of crash is it?  Yesterday I was editing
> src/search.c, and on the last line I accidentally hit
> <Backspace> instead of <Delete>.  When I then hit <M-U>,
> it went down, saying "nano is out of memory!" and dumping
> the file to search.c.save.  But I cannot reproduce this.

Any file should replicate the problem.  Specifically, open Changelog,
M-/ then go up a line,
cut the line, <enter> for a new line, M-U, M-U --> seg fault

Sometimes it fails on redo though. In that case I think is was out of
mem.  It sounds like you ran into the problem while editing search.c.
Undoing an <enter> that added a line to the end of the file results in
a 'bottomless' file.

-Mark