nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Feature request: screen ruler

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Feature request: screen ruler
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:59:30 +0200

Hello Darren,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014, at 22:33, Darren Austin wrote:
> So, my thought was that a togglable ruler (in the second line of the screen
> - just below the main titlebar) would be very helpful

Hmm...  The strange things people want!  :)

> I often paste something like this into my code in order to have a ruler:
>
> Would it be possible to add this feature to a future nano?

Well, when you're a coder, it shouldn't be difficult to produce
and maintain a patch yourself.  :)  Okay, you don't know your
way around nano's code yet, so... if you give me the C code that,
given a length, produces the desired ruler string, I will make
an attempt at a first crude patch.

Benno