nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano-devel Digest, Vol 124, Issue 30

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano-devel Digest, Vol 124, Issue 30
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 09:28:18 -0700

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014, at 18:28, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>> So, I made the attached patch.  For CONTROL_LEFT and CONTROL_RIGHT
>> I chose values that are way beyond KEY_MAX of ncurses, which is 0777
>> octal, or 511 decimal, if I'm not mistaken.  Ideally these key codes
>> should propagate further into nano, to even allow the user to rebind
>> them, but for now a simple solution will have to do.
>
> Pfff...  Today I tried this on another machine, which has elemetary OS
> Luna installed.  And there... it don't work.  It turns out that its
> virtual terminal, pantheon-terminal, generates the codes 539 and 554
> for Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right.  Pfff!  How many different terminals are
> there!?  Adapting the patch for this, it works fine.
>
> Trying Pico... it works already on that terminal.

Benno,

Did you see this thread?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9061111/ncurses-with-arrow-keys-plus-modifiers

I came across this piece of code awhile back, never tried it though.
It would add abiity to shift+arrow too, which would be a lot better
for selecting/marking.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/programming-scripting/195650-ncurses-key-modifiers-console-xwindows-solved.html

--Mark Majeres