nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wrap and justification

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wrap and justification
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:56:44 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014, at 22:34, Mark Majeres wrote:
> On 6/29/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The do_wrap stuff could be made into
> > a separate, independent first patch?
>
> Yeah, I could do that.  It's not going to look much different though.  Most
> of the patch is related to do_wrap.  The 'do_justify' portion is almost
> entirely
> deleting uneeded functions.  Let me know if that's how you want it, I'll split
> it up.

Yes, that would be nice.  It's beautiful to have a separate patch
that "rewrites" all of the justification code as just a few calls
to the wrapping code.

> And like you mention, the removed
> spaces will be missing in future wraps, or justification.

But justification will will leave trailing spaces at all the ends
of the justified lines, and double trailing spaces if a sentence
ends there (and the original contains a double space).  So it
will never lose a double space, it just will not create any.

Benno

                          or over the web