nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:38:12 +0200

Hello Jordi,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014, at 10:26, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Ideally, I'd love to be in the position where I can chose between 2.2.7,
> with all of the patches that have been collected in SVN and maybe fish
> in all major repo distros to see if there's anything interesting, and
> 2.4.x or at least 2.4.0rcX. Not sure if we'll be able to get to release
> candidates during the summer, though.

As far as I'm concerned, we can start the 2.3.99 dance by the end
of this month or the beginning of August, and then have a 2.4.0
in September.  Personally I have no interest in making a 2.2.7.

Chris, releasing a 2.3.5 as soon as you can would be nice.  Before
going toward 2.4.0 there's some little thing in the undo/redo code
that I'd like to see addressed, but all the other stuff that Mark
is working on is so invasive that I don't feel comfortable putting
it in now, it will have to wait for the 2.5.x branch (which we can
start right after 2.4.0).

Benno

                          unladen european swallow