nano-devel

[Nano-devel] the undid and redid messages

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] the undid and redid messages
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:04:44 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014, at 09:19, Mark Majeres wrote:
> I don't know of any outstanding undo/redo problems.  Are you working
> on the details for a new issue, or did I overlook one?

It's something that I dropped from a patch from you and
never got around to applying separately.  I've gone back
and searched in the archives.  The following message
describes the issue, second paragraph:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-06/msg00017.html

And this contains your patch for it, but combined with
something else:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-06/msg00034.html

Extracting the undid/redid-message part, and adapting it for
(almost) current SVN (current SVN seems to be broken), I get
the attached patch.  The undoing that involves unwrapping of
text now prints the expected message, "Undid action (text add)".
But the redoing of those actions prints: "Redid action (line break)",
except for the last one where it does say the expected "text add".

> The horizonal wrap patch isn't so bad, it's all new code and specific
> only to the horz_scroll option being enabled.

Will look into that later.

Benno

                          love email again