nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] having case-sense, regexes, and backwards in file searc

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] having case-sense, regexes, and backwards in file searches?
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:37:10 +0200

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014, at 12:26, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i wish every input field behaved the same.  it's not entirely clear to me why
> they aren't.

Probably mainly because of following Pico.  And probably because things
like Backwards and Regexp don't make sense in for example Insertfile or
Writeout.  And then probably because the developers never got around to
uniformizing as far as possible the input fields.

>  that means history/buffer editing/regex/case/etc...  i'm used to
> the search interface (since i use that the most) and every time i have to use
> any other interface, i get super annoyed at how basic it is.

Do you ever use the file browser within nano?  And if so, do you
ever use the search function there?  I never either of them.

The provisions for case-sense etcetera in the file-browser search
have been removed from the code.  There must be very strong votes
in favor of them for me to bring them back.

Benno