nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:50:39 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 19:03, Mark Majeres wrote:
> If the routine finds blank spaces or tabs at the head of the string
> and this turns out to be the only blank location then it is not the
> location I want.  It's noticeable with the Changelog open and then
> reducing the window size to a minimal width.

Hmm...  The minimal minimum width is four.  When I reach that
(with softwrap enabled and the posted patch applied) then nano
goes into an infinite loop and hangs.

With debug enabled, there is this at the tail of the trail:

update_line(): softwrap code, moving to 35317 index 0
update_line(): converted(2) line =
update_line(): softwrap code, moving to 35318 index 0
update_line(): converted(2) line =
update_line(): softwrap code, moving to 35319 index 0
update_line(): converted(2) line =
update_line(): softwrap code, moving to 35320 index 0
update_line(): converted(2) line =
update_line(): softwrap code, moving to 35321 index 0
update_line(): converted(2) line =

> no, the flag is set and edit_refresh() will be called after exiting
> the function when it matters

Does that mean that the call of edit_refresh() just before
exiting this function is superfluous?

Benno