nano-devel

[Nano-devel] cursor not sitting right

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] cursor not sitting right
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:20:30 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 06:48, Mark Majeres wrote:
> On 8/31/14, Mark Majeres <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have attached a patch that fixes syntax colors when softwrap is on.

Thanks.  That appears to fix it.

But I still see the problem with hanging when the window gets narrower
than 8 characters.  Don't you see this?

> I figured out the problem for bug #42188.  Updated patch is attached.

Thanks.  That seems to do the trick too.

But we have a new problem.  Run:  src/nano +1 -$ doc/faq.html
then search for "2006/06/04" (without the quotes).  First notice
that after applying your patch, the cursor now sits somewhat below
the centre of the screen, instead of on the centre line.  But that
is a detail.  The problem occurs after doing this:

<Down> <Down> <Down> <End> <Down> <Down> <Down>

The cursor now sits after "broken links to ", but this is not the
actual end of this line, which will appear only after another <Down>,
or, strangely, after a <Right>.

(This is on a terminal of 30 lines and 127 columns. If using 120 columns
instead, then the <End> after the three <Down>s will not seem to work,
but following it with a <Right> shows that it was in fact at the end of
the line, it just didn't scroll the screen enough.)

These cursor placement/scrolling problems are probably related to
bug #42189 (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42189).

Benno