nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano logo

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano logo
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 18:12:26 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Well, I'm glad I asked!

I wouldn't say that I think it's super important, but I'm afraid that your supposition is supported by the fact that I'm not really a nano user, in spite of being a long-time Pine/Alpine user - in fact my favourite text editor is the one that is probably at the opposite end of the spectrum from nano. You may be able to guess which one I mean.

I came across nano again this week - it has the tremendous advantage of being on Debian's CD #1. It looks very nice and I'll probably recommend it to students whom I'm forcing to use Linux for the first time, so they can do a few necessary editing jobs.

I must say that the idea of using ascii-art for the logo was brilliant. Below is the result of avoiding the work that I'm supposed to be doing at the moment:

     iLE88Dj.  :jD88888Dj:
   .LGitE888D.f8GjjjL8888E;
   iE   :8888Et.     .G8888.
   ;i    E888,        ,8888,