nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Add function to convert leading whitespace to tabs

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Add function to convert leading whitespace to tabs
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 10:37:44 +0200

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 23:33, Erik Lundin wrote:
> I'm getting mixed indents of spaces and tabs i various files. I guess
> it's supposed to be all spaces?

No.  Currently the indentation step is four, the tab size is eight.
So the indentation uses a mixture of tabs plus four spaces.  But
don't bother with that, I'll adjust it when I apply the patch.

(Oh, when you make a patch, please do it in the parent dir of
src, not in src itself.)

The choice of M-1 as the shortcut for the whitespace conversion
is not very fortunate when using a Gnome terminal and having
multiple tabs open: it goes to the first tab.  Maybe this function
shouldn't have a default binding at all?  Maybe list it only among
the bindable functions in nanorc.5?

At the moment nano can undo any operations that the user
performs; it can even undo the last justification.  But with
the current patch, it cannot undo a whitespace conversion.
I think it should.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...