nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] The undo feature

From: Erik Lundin
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] The undo feature
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:55:46 +0100

> Please look at do_wrap(), it shows how to use sub-undo's by only using
> the existing undo structure.   Try to do all of the work in "tabs to
> spaces" by using the do_delete() functions and wrapping the addition
> of spaces with add_undo(ADD) and update_undo(ADD)
>

> --Mark Majeres

I've looked through the do_wrap() function and personally i think the
whole undo function needs a remake. Retrofitting new code to fit the old
code that never was designed to work that way seems wrong. For example,
implementing a "undo step" function will be unnecessarily complicated
with the current code.

But i understand that there's a lot of politics involved. Is Chris still
the lead designer? What's your view on this Chris?

--
Erik Lundin <address@hidden>