nano-devel

[Nano-devel] compensating for changed length

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] compensating for changed length
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 22:53:57 +0100

Hi Mark,

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 15:22, Mark Majeres wrote:
> You version looks good.  I don't see anything out of place.

Thanks.  Applied in r5144.

But now... it would be nice if the position of the end of
the marked region would get compensated for any change in
the length of this region -- if on the last line of the
selection some word was replaced by a longer or shorter one.

To see what I mean, have aspell as external spell checker
defined, then run 'src/nano +7 NEWS' and type:

M-A  <Ctrl+Right>  <Ctrl+Right>

The cursor should now be on the s of "several".
Then type:

^T  r  amuchlongerword  <Enter>  x

Now the cursor is on the above g instead of on the s.
It would be nice if it were still on the s.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be